Newsletter October 2015
Shimmy Shake Festival - just 4 weeks away
Friday 13 | Saturday 14 | Sunday 15 November 2015
(dancers Orchidaceae Urban Tribal - photo by Marscha van Druuten @ Shimmy Shake Festival 2014)
Shimmy Shake Festival is just four weeks away! Did you purchase your festival tickets already!? Don't wait any longer - limited spots are available for each workshop and the line up for all our three shows is amazing, so be sure to be there! Don't miss out this wonderful chance to explore and experience Urban Fusion Belly Dance!
Just a few highlights from this year's festival...
- KARI of UNMATA (USA) is coming to Rotterdam to teach the popular ITS and UNMATA style, and she will perform a ITS/Flamenco Solo and an ITS Duet with Tjarda during the Urban Fusion Dance Gala Show on the Saturday Night!
- PINY and LEO ORCHIDACEAE are giving Hip Hop fusion orientated workshops and will also perform during the Urban Fusion Dance Gala Show. On Sunday 15 Nov, from 14.00 - 15.00, they will give an in-depth presentation about the why and what of Urban Fusion - entrance is free!
- Upgrade your Fusion Belly Dance skills during one of the many workshops given by HAZA (FR), ELIANA (RUS/DE), OBÉLLIX (BE) & VLEER (NL), MAREIKE (DE) or join Aziza Gizeh and make your own unique ornamental headdress!
- Or just sit down and experience the world of Urban Fusion Belly Dance during one of our shows! Each evening has a totally new show! Friday night = Urban Tribes Night (discover the urban fusion belly dance talents from The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany) | Saturday Night = Urban Fusion Dance Gala (expect the international top dancers and our four Next Level Talents) | Sunday Night = Magnificent Mash-Up (experience a huge variety of excellent international Fusion dance acts by wonderful dancers)
Join the fun and explore and experience the wonderful world of the Urban Fusion Belly dance! Visit our website and check out the full festival program.
SHIMMY SHAKE FLASH MOB 2015
JOIN THE DANCE - SIGN UP NOW!
(Shimmy Shake Flash Mob 2014 - photo by Marscha van Druuten @ Rotterdam Central Station)
This year we will once again collaborate with Tjarda van Straten and Nadîja Broekhart of Hipsick Unusual Theatre for a big Urban Fusion Dance Flash Mob on the streets of Rotterdam on Sunday 8 of November! Join this memorable event and sign up to dance along!
Last year we surprised the public at Rotterdam Central Station with an impressive fusion dance act with almost 60 fusion dancers coming from all the corners of The Netherlands! It was one fun day with a very positive energy amongst the dancers and we had put Urban Fusion Belly dance in the spotlights!
For this year we want an even greater number of fusion belly dancers to join the Flash Mob to be even more impressive and visible; so sign up now! And help us spread the word! All levels are welcome as long as you are a fusion belly dancer! Also dancers from outside The Netherlands are welcome to join :)
Sign in before Monday 19 October by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org - don't forget to mention:
- your full name
- your fusion dance style
- your telephone number
- your current residential city
Let the world know about Fusion Belly dance!
Shimmy Shake Next Level 2015
The more advanced talent program has started!
(dancer Sharena - photo by Marscha van Druuten @ Shimmy Shake Factor CO 2014)
Our more advanced dancer talent coaching program, The Next Level, has started! The entries of this year were of a very high level, the panel had a difficult task to choose just four dance acts for the talent coaching program. We really wanted to coach everyone that applied!
The four selected dance acts are:
- Ascarya (solo with a more mesmerizing style that chills you)
- Asrais (a group that fuses modern dance and belly dance with a touch of humor)
- Sharena (solo with a beautiful fusion with folk dances)
- The Macadamias (a strong tribal fusion duo)
In the coming weeks they will have two coaching sessions with a professional fusion dancer to further improve their dance act, their dancing and performing skills. The result of their coaching can be seen at the Urban Fusion Dance Gala Show on the Saturday evening 14 November. Tickets for this show are on sale now!
A message from our partner (in Dutch only)
Mis het oktobernummer van Dans Magazine niet!
Het komende nummer van Dans Magazine verschijnt vrijdag 16 oktober, met daarin onder andere de festivals Moving Futures en Dancing on the Edge, choreograaf Joost Vrouenraets met zijn langste solo ooit en Conny Janssens double bill I’m here & Álbum Familiar.
Daarnaast beschikt het oktobernummer over een uitgebreide opleidingenspecial, met heel veel informatie over de vele dansopleidingen die Nederland, België en Duitsland rijk zijn!
Dit nummer thuis ontvangen, maar nog geen abonnee? Profiteer nu van de superaanbieding: 1 jaar Dans Magazine voor slechts € 27,50 én twee cadeaus!